If you are thinking about joining the bright cellars wine club, then you will be able to answer a short quiz about your wine preferences to create a wine profile that is tailored to you. This means that you can be recommended wines that you are more likely to love.
There is a wide variety of high quality styles and regions that are just waiting to be explored, and the signing up process has been made to be simple and easy.
However, you might be looking to find out more about the company before you commit to purchasing a membership.
In this article, we are going to tell you everything that you need to know about Bright Cellars wine club, so you can decide if this is the right wine club for you.
There are good and bad sides to Bright Cellars, just like with any other wine club, but you can read our detailed review below to find out what you need to know.
Bright Cellars General Overview
For those that are looking for quick answers, you should first know that you can create your own personalized palate profile by taking a short quiz when you sign up. Once you have done this, you can start to receive customized shipments that are based on your preferences.
Once you have received your order, you will also be given the chance to rate the wines that you have received through your profile. If you want to discuss any of the wine that you have received, you can contact the concierge team at any time.
There is a satisfaction guarantee that will ensure that you are always left satisfied after every delivery.
Something else that you should know is that you can skip a month of your membership at any time if funds are running low or you have too much wine stockpiled. Essentially, you can expect to pay $80 a month for premier wines to be delivered to your door.
What Is Bright Cellars Wine Club?
Bright Cellars wine club was founded in 2014 by two MIT graduates called Richard Yau and Joe Laurendi. They wanted to bring technology to the wine industry, and they aimed to attract new customers to the world of wine.
How Does Bright Cellars Wine Club Work?
The entire process starts with a questionnaire that contains 7 different questions surrounding your food and beverage preferences. Once you have done this, the Bright Cellars algorithm will get to work on selecting wines that it thinks would be a good match for you.
Once you have been matched up, you will receive four bottles each month, unless you decide to cancel your subscription.
If you are someone that has been drinking wine for a long time and you know everything that there is to know about it, then this might not be the right wine club for you.
An alternative to this service is Winc, which uses a similar questionnaire, but allows you to add or delete wines from your package, which is helpful when you know what you’re doing.
How Much Does Bright Cellars Cost?
Bright Cellars wine club likes to keep things simple when it comes to their prices. There is only one subscription package available, and it costs $80 a month for 4 bottles of wine.
There is limited information on their website about the types of wine that are available, but we do know that there is a range of red, white, and rose wines from all around the world.
Some of the varieties of wine that you will receive from Bright Cellars include Moscato, Riverina, Merlot, Chenin Blanc, and Chardonnay.
However, once you answer the available questionnaire, you will start to get an idea of some of the options that are available. Some of the brands that you might receive are:
Forty Winks – Chenin Blanc
Forty Winks is a winery that is based in California. They specialize in the production of white wines, and their Chenin blanc is a popular choice with some excellent reviews.
Mojave Rain – Cabernet Sauvignon
Mojave Rain is another California based winery that began its journey in 2018. As a young company, there are only 2 wines available as of yet. One of these wines is the Cabernet Sauvignon.
White Willow – White Blend Riverina
White Willow is an Australian winemaker that has three different options available. The white blend Riverina is known for its crisp taste and light floral flavor. However, it does tend to only get fair reviews from drinkers.
Obscura – Pinot Noir
Obscura is the third California producer on this list and it comes in with a respectable Pinot noir. It features earthy and oaky notes with hints of cherry and raspberry. It goes well with red meats and poultry.
What Are The Benefits Of Bright Cellars Memberships?
With Bright Cellars, you will find that there are a variety of different benefits. The first of these is the opportunity to earn referral rewards. For every friend that you refer to Bright Cellars, you will be able to earn bonus points and money off your next month’s subscription.
There is also a lot of flexibility when it comes to the membership itself. You will be able to cancel your membership at any time without incurring any additional charges, and you can even pause your membership for as long as you need to.
The Bright Cellars Membership
The one thing that is really simple at Bright Cellars is choosing your membership, as there is only one option available. This membership costs $80 a month, and you will be delivered 4 wines every month.
This membership operates on a rolling monthly contract, and you will only pay for the wines that you receive. As well as this, you can cancel your membership at any time.
Bright Cellars Shipping
In addition to the $80 a month that you will pay for your membership, you will also have to pay an extra $8 for the flat shipping charge. However, you should keep in mind that Bright Cellars do not deliver to every state.
The Disadvantages Of Bright Cellars Memberships
The one main disadvantage to Bright Cellars is its delivery frequency. You will only be given the option to have a monthly delivery, whereas lots of other clubs allow you to change the frequency of your deliveries to bi-monthly, or quarterly.
This means that you won’t have as much control over the flow of wine that you receive. You also can’t adjust the number of bottles that you receive like you can with other wine clubs.
Step By Step Process For Placing Your Order
Bright Cellars is a great wine club to join and they have a user friendly interface that allows for a more personalized selection of wine in each of your shipments.
We are going to quickly run you through the ordering process below so you can get started.
- The first thing that you will see on the homepage of the Bright Cellars website is an instruction to start a wine quiz. This is a fast and easy quiz that will ask you various questions to try and find out what you would like to get out of a bottle of wine. This will help the club to select the best bottles of wine for your preferences.
- You will be asked to select what types of food you like, and while it might seem irrelevant, it will help Bright Cellars to choose wine that you are sure to love. You will then be directed through a further 6 questions that will help them find out what you like.
- The final question on the questionnaire is all about how much of each type of wine you would like to receive. Perhaps you want to only receive red wines, or maybe you want a mixture of red and white wines. Now is your chance to make this clear.
- Once you have finished answering all of the questions, Bright Cellars will get started on matching your preferences with the wide range of stock that they have available.
- You will then be presented with the wines that have been chosen for you. You can even click on each wine to find out everything that you need to know about it. You may even spot a score, taste information, and pictures. You can find out more about the flavor and aroma of the wine without having to read chunks of information.
- You will now be able to decide if you want to add them to your cart, or if you want Bright Cellars to offer you different suggestions.
- When you have decided on the wines that you want to keep in your basket, you can proceed to add your payment and shipping information. You will also be able to opt in for SMS notifications to find out when your delivery is on its way.
- You will then receive your well-packaged order, and there will be a pamphlet inside that contains information about each of the wines that you have received. This will also offer you information about the best foods to pair the wine with. There is even some information about the serving temperatures for the wine, how you can store them properly, and even how to use a corkscrew in the right way.
- You can read through all of the information to find out everything that you need to know about the wines, and it will tell you exactly how to rate each one online.
- You should definitely rate the wines on the website once you have tried them out, as the ratings that you provide will determine the wines that are suggested for you in the future.
- Something that is unique about your order is that the packing is sturdy and secure, and it also folds out to work like a drawer, so you can keep it to store your wines in.
- All that’s left to do is get drinking!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Will It Take For My Order To Arrive?
It is not clear exactly how long your order will take to be delivered, as it will depend on where you live. However, you should know that your order may be delayed in severe weather conditions in order to protect your wine from extreme hot or cold temperatures.
Can I Send My Wine Back?
No, you cannot send your wine back to Bright Cellars once it has been delivered. If you were wondering this because you are not happy with a certain bottle, you can contact customer services for a refund.
If a product is damaged, they could also send you a complimentary bottle in your next shipment.
How Much Does A Bright Cellars Membership Cost?
Your membership with Bright Cellars will cost $80 a month, which includes 4 bottles of wine. You will also need to pay an extra $8 for shipping.
How Do I Cancel My Membership?
If you want to cancel your membership, you can do so by filling out an online request form and selecting ‘Subscription Cancellation’ from the drop-down menu. You can cancel at any time without any extra charges.
Can You Give A Bright Cellars Membership As A Gift?
You will be able to purchase a wine club membership for a friend or family for $100 a shipment. You will be able to ship between 1 and 12 months worth of wine on a monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, or annual basis.
This gift certificate can be sent electronically or physically for $10 more.
- Shrimp Cocktail (and More) Wine Pairing Guide - 09/06/2022
- What Wine Serving Sizes Look Like: Standard Size and More - 08/06/2022
- How Much Sugar is in Wine: Glass and Bottle Sugar Content - 08/06/2022