Winc is a wine club that is focused on Californian labels, but it also highlights bottles from iconic wine-producing countries like France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Chile and Argentina.
As well as the more conventional wines that they produce, they also have a selection of organic, vegan, low alcohol, and low sugar options.
Winc is a company that tries to cater to as many different people as possible, which is not something that a lot of companies do.
You can even head over to their website to take a taste preference test, where you can receive excellent wine suggestions that have been specifically created for you.
In this article, we are going to be providing you with an in depth review of Winc wine club, so you can find out everything that you need to know about the services that they have to offer.
Hopefully, this review will help you to decide if this is the right wine club for you to join.
Winc Wine Club General Overview
Signing up to Winc has been made as simple as possible, and when you sign up, you will be asked to complete a quick questionnaire that will help you to determine your own flavor profile.
Based on the information that you provide, Winc will create some suggestions for your first shipment. As well as this, you will be able to make use of a 25% discount when you order 3 or 4 bottles.
Some of the membership benefits that you can expect from Winc are straightforward membership plans with a structured pay as you go format.
You can also save up to 10% when you buy 12 or more bottles from Winc, and you will receive free delivery on all orders of 4 or more bottles.
What Is Winc?
Winc wine club really does have something for everyone, which is why they have developed such a great community of wine lovers. They are known for their winemaking, but they also source wines that are made with unique grape varieties from around the world.
Winc is even a great introductory wine club for those that haven’t been drinking wine for very long. They offer the perfect blend of convenience, luxury, and exclusivity.
Winc used to be called the wine Club W, but it has since been rebranded. At this point in time in 2014, Winc stopped simply being an online reseller of wine and instead started making their own wines.
This eliminated the need for outsourcing and meant that they could include their products at a more affordable price. They have a vast network of vineyards and vintners around the world that produce wines that are exclusive to Winc.
How Does Winc Work?
Winc wine club makes accessing excellent wines at a good price easy for everyone. Through this company, you will be able to discover novelty wine varieties, from all around the world simply by allowing the Winc algorithm to decipher your palette and do all the work for you.
To help you find out exactly how it works, we are going to leave a handy step-by-step guide below. The process is led through various steps, making it super easy to get started.
- Once you have clicked on ‘get started’, you will need to answer 5 questions
- You will then need to choose from white, red, or a mix of both wines
- Now, it’s time to confirm, add, or delete the wines from your cart
- Once you have received the wines and tried them out, you can rate them through the website. This will help Winc recommend better or similar wines in the future, depending on your preferences. Rating the bottles of wine also allows you to collect member points. And when these add up you will be able to get discounts on future shipments
If you were wondering, the Winc gift subscription works in the exact same way, you just need to enter the recipient’s information instead of your own.
How Much Does Winc Cost?
The cost of your chosen membership will depend on your own personal preferences, but they start at $13 per bottle. This monthly subscription will include 3 or 4 bottles, and so it will typically cost between $52 and $59 a month.
It all depends on the wines and the number of bottles that you choose. However, you should keep in mind that Winc will provide you with $25 off your first order.
What You Need To Know About Winc Club
Winc is a monthly wine club that will conveniently bring a variety of exceptional tasting wines straight from the vineyard to your door. The annual production of Winc wines is actually estimated at around 300,000 cases that range from $13 to $40 a bottle.
Understanding exactly how the company works will allow you to decide which membership is right for you.
One of the most important things for you to consider is that the wine club makes and brands its own wines. Some of the most popular wines at Winc are Cuvée Folly, The Beast Pinot Noir, and Chop Shop Cabernet Sauvignon.
You can even find these wines in some hip bars and restaurants.
The most interesting thing about Winc is that it offers a fully personalized membership for every wine enthusiast. They can help you find the right wine, educate you on each one, and suggest the best food pairings for each bottle. This helps to simplify the experience.
Thankfully, it is really easy to navigate through all of the available wines on Winc, and you can pick your favorite wine from the 10 most popular options on the website.
There are categories ranging from red wine to white wine, sparkling wine, and rose wine. You will even be able to find some ciders on the website, as well as 6 region-specific wine categories.
You will also be able to select wines based on their production method. There are sustainable, organic, vegan, low alcohol, and low sulfur categories available, as well as different sweetness categories that range from driest to sweetest.
Unlike lots of other wine clubs, Winc actually tells you what wine that they have chosen for the month, so you will be able to modify this selection.
In order to get the best wine for your palette each month plus an additional $10 in credits, you should rate all of the wines that you receive.
Winc Wine Brands
There are lots of different types of wines in Winc’s portfolio, and you will be able to find plenty of high quality and exclusive wines with excellent ratings and diverse flavor profiles. Some of the brands that you can expect to find are:
- 2019 Rosa Obscura Red Blend – A bold and luscious fruity red blend for a date night.
- 2019 Pacificana Chardonnay – Revel in the classic, round, and complex heartwarming flavors of this beauty.
- 2019 Pacificana Pinot Grigio – Fall in love with this easy-drinking wine with a refreshing stone fruit character and a mineral finish.
- 2019 Wall Of Sound Red Blend – Savor the tasting notes of raspberry, eucalyptus, and strawberry of this luscious red wine with supple juicy tannins.
- 2019 Prismus Pinot Grigio – Allow the flavors of jasmine, lemon, and melon to dance on your palate with this crisp and bright summer wine.
Winc Membership Benefits
Due to the fact that all of the wines you receive from this company are selected based upon your preferences, every bottle that is sent to you will be the perfect match for your taste and flavor preferences.
So on top of fast, cheap delivery, and savings options there are lots of benefits that come with getting a membership.
As we have already mentioned, once you have registered with Winc, you will be able to take part in a questionnaire.
You will be asked 5 different questions, the first of which is used to highlight your preference between red and white wines. You can also add your favorite fruits and flavors.
It will then try to understand your preferences when it comes to sweet and sour tastes, before asking you to select different countries that you wish to taste from.
The final thing you will need to do is to select some of your favorite foods, so Winc will be able to suggest wines that will pair the best with the foods that you commonly eat.
Can I Pause My Membership Or Skip A Month?
If you want to take a break from your membership, you will be able to use the skip a month function under the my membership tab. You will be able to skip a month for as long as you like without encountering any fines or surcharges.
Does Winc Have A Satisfaction Guarantee?
Even though all of the wines that are sent to you will be chosen based on your preferences, Winc goes the extra mile by offering customers a satisfaction guarantee.
So, if you receive a wine that you don’t like, Winc will refund you for it. All you have to do is contact customer services to let them know.
What Are Winc Membership Credits?
You have probably noticed that we have mentioned that you can earn membership credits through rating the different wines that you have been sent. There are two different types of credit that you can earn through Winc.
The first of these is called membership, which allows you to buy Winc credits for discounted rates, allowing you to save up to $100.
The second type of credit is called referral, which will give you $15 in credits for every person that signs up to Winc with your referral link. You will only receive your $15 worth of credit once they have ordered their first box.
You can then earn a further $15 if they ship a second box. Any friends and family that you refer to Winc will also be entitled to $22 worth of Winc wine.
What Memberships Do Winc Have?
If you are considering getting a Winc membership, then you should know that there are two different membership options to choose from. You can choose between either the featured or the select membership.
In the featured membership, Winc will select your wines from the $13 price level. The select wine membership cost more than the previous option as it will select wines from the $14 to $40 price range.
The length of your membership will be monthly, and it is in a pay as you go format. Winc will send you the wine subscription box unless you decide to skip a month.
If you do want to skip a month, you will need to select this option at least 48 hours before the date your order payment goes out.
Can I Give Winc Membership As A Gift?
Yes, you can give a Winc membership as a gift to a friend or family member. You can purchase Winc gift cards that start from $50, although it is recommended to choose at least a $60 gift card, as this will cover the full cost of the first shipment.
Winc Membership Prices And Shipping
The price for Winc memberships starts at $50 if you want free Winc delivery on your wine club membership. On orders that are less than 4 bottles, you will have to pay a $9 shipping fee.
If you are not a member, you will still be able to purchase wines of your choice through the website for $15 with no obligation after paying for Winc shipping per order. However, you should be aware of the fact that Winc will only ship to the US.
You can get:
- Offers overnight shipping for $35
- 2-Day shipping for $25
- Standard Shipping [3-5 days] for $15 for non-members and $0 for members
WInc uses FedEx for all of their shipments, so you can be sure that your parcel is in the hands of a reputable delivery service.
However, you should note that Winc does not currently ship to Alaska, Rhode Island, Alabama, Delaware, Arkansas, Mississippi, Hawaii, Michigan, Kentucky, South Dakota, New Jersey and Utah.
Can I Cancel My Winc Membership?
If for whatever reason you decide that you want to cancel your Winc membership, you will be able to do so. You will not encounter any fines or surcharges, which is great for leaving a company without any hassle.
If you do not want to cancel for good, you could just use the ‘skip a month’ feature instead for as long as is needed.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Winc?
There aren’t many downsides to the WInc memberships. The only thing that we can think of is that you will not be able to subscribe if you live in any of the following places:
- South Dakota
- New Jersey
Winc Order Process Step By Step
We are going to provide you with a full step by step process of how to place your order with Winc below. If you were unsure of how to order before, you can read this section to find out more about what you need to do.
- Go to the Winc website and make sure that you are on the homepage. You can proceed to the next step as a member or as a guest at this stage.
- Answer the first question and decide on your wine preferences when it comes to red vs white wine.
- Let Winc know what your favorite flavors are. Winc will provide you with all of the options, you will just need to choose which ones apply to you.
- Choose from a list of wine regions that you would like to receive wine from.
- Move on to the next question and tell Winc about all of your favorite foods, so they can send you wines that would pair nicely with some of your favorite meals.
- You will now be shown a list of 4 different wines based on the details that you have provided Winc. Now, all you need to do is supply a few details and you will be well on your way to your first delivery.
- Now is the time to meet your new favorite red and white wine. These suggestions are also based on the food and flavor preferences that you have provided.
- After all of the above is over and done with, now will be your chance to check out some of the other wines that Winc has available, just in case you want to switch some around. There are lots of different types of wine for you to explore.
- While you are browsing the vast selection of available wines, why not check out the other options, like red, sparklings, and roses too? Now is the time to mix and match all of the wines that you love. Just check out what Winc has available and see if there is anything that you fancy.
- Don’t forget to check out the brief descriptions of each of the wines to find out key details that you might need to know about them like their alcohol content and sweetness level. You will also be able to find out what type of body they have and what you can expect from the drinking experience. This can really help when it comes to deciding which wines you want to try out.
- You will also be able to read the note about the provenance, tasting profile, and what foods are best to pair the wine with. This allows you to choose wines that suit your preferences and match what you are planning to eat once your order arrives.
- Once you have done all of this, it is time to head over to your shopping basket and double check that you are happy with all of your choices. Now is your last chance to decide what you want to keep in or remove from your basket, so choose wisely.
- It is now finally time to check out. At the checkout, you will see another opportunity to add more bottles to your basket, but if you are confident in your decision making, then there is no need to.
- There will be a 10% discount and free shipping on your order that you can take advantage of. Overall, the shopping experience is simple, fun, and efficient. You will be able to take part in the ultimate shopping experience from the comfort of your own home.
- This is where the excitement begins. You are in your house and the doorbell goes. Your first shipment has arrived! It is time to dig into the box and discover all of the wines that you have ordered.
- You will find a cute little booklet within your box that will explain everything that you need to know about the wines that you have chosen. You can unpack your wines and display them in all of their glory.
- All that is left to do now is struggle to decide which bottle of wine you want to open first. Who says you have to wait until dinner to crack it open?
Overall, ordering wine through Winc is a fun and simple process and you are bound to be happy with your choices. Although, even if you aren’t, you can make use of the customer satisfaction guarantee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now that you know pretty much everything that there is to know about Winc as a company and all of the memberships that they provide, we are going to provide you with a list of the most frequently asked questions below.
This can help to clear up anything that you might still be wondering about the company. Just keep reading to find out more.
How Long Will It Take For My Order To Be Delivered?
Once you have placed your order, it will take Winc two business days to process and ship your package. The amount of time that it takes to go from the company’s fulfillment centers to your home will depend on how far away you live.
However, it will generally take between 3 and 7 business days for your order to arrive. You can also register for SMS notifications to track the status of your order when it is in transit.
Can I Send My Wine Back To Winc?
If you are unhappy with any of the wines that you have received. You can contact Winc through their contact form, by texting them, or through sending them an email at email@example.com. They will be able to advise you on what to do next.
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost of your membership will depend on which membership you choose. You can either select the features or select memberships. The featured membership starts at $13 per bottle of wine. The select membership starts at $14 per bottle of wine, but it can range to as high as $40 per bottle.
How Do I Cancel My Membership?
If you wish to cancel your Winc membership at any given time, you can do so with the single click of a button by going to the settings tab in your personal Winc account. You can also choose to pause your membership by clicking on the ‘skip a month’ button.
- Shrimp Cocktail (and More) Wine Pairing Guide - 09/06/2022
- What Wine Serving Sizes Look Like: Standard Size and More - 08/06/2022
- How Much Sugar is in Wine: Glass and Bottle Sugar Content - 08/06/2022