If you’re anything like me, everyday is a wine holiday, right? All jokes aside. There are a range of wine holidays for you to pop open your favorite bottle and wine.. down (couldn’t resist) to celebrate officially. Below you will find a list of the 2022 wine holidays for all types of wine.
Wine Holidays & National Wine Days for 2022
17. There are 17 National Wine Days as well as a range of wine holidays. We have listed them here so you don’t miss an opportunity to open up your favorite bottle and celebrate (not that you need a wine holiday to do that).
Wine Holidays Calendar
There are no major wine holidays during January.
Most people are starting the year fresh and have new year resolutions in place. Take a month off and enjoy healthier options like low-sugar wines, healthy red wines or start the year off right with a keto diet.
International Furmint Day
- 1st February 2022 – Furmint is a Hungarian grape used to make Tokaji dessert wine.
National Drink Wine Day
- 18th February 2022 – Celebrated on the 18th of February every year.
Open That Bottle Night
- 26th February 2022 – Celebrated on the last Saturday of every February.
National Mulled Wine Day
- 3rd March 2022 – Celebrated on the 3rd of March every year. A bit strange to celebrate this cold weather drink at this time of year. Although, who cares if it tastes delicious.
International Riesling Day
- 13th March 2022 – Celebrated on the 13th of March every year.
- 14th April 2022 – Celebrated on the 14th of April every year.
International Malbec Day
- 17th April 2022 – Celebrated on the 17th of April every year.
- 27th April 2022 – Celebrated on the 27th of April every year.
International Sauvignon Blanc Day
- 6th May 2022 – Celebrated on the first Friday of May.
National Moscato Day
- 9th May 2022 – Celebrated on the 9th of May every year, this Italian grape certainly deserves a national day.
National Pinot Grigio Day
- 17th May 2022 – Celebrated on the 17th of May every year (since 2018). Another Italian grape deserving a national day.
International Chardonnay Day
- 26th May 2022 – Celebrated Thursday before Memorial Day each year in the US. Chardonnay is a popular dry white wine that deserves a day of its own.
The Judgment of Paris
- 24th May 2022 – Celebrated every year on the 24th of May. French food and wine aficionados judged a blind tasting of fine French wines vs unknown wine bottles from California. The US red and white wines won.
National Wine Day
- 25th May 2022 – Celebrated every year on the 25th of May. No further explanation needed. Just pop open your favorite bottle and get going!
National Rosé Day
- 11th June 2022 – Celebrated on every second Saturday of June. Rosé wines come in a wide variety ranging from sweet to very dry. It’s only fitting that this personal favorite has a holiday dedicated to it.
- 11th June – 16th June 2022 – A whole week dedicated to this popular Italian sparkling variety. Why not mix it with some orange juice and celebrate with some mimosas. Don’t worry too much about your waist line; It’s low in calories!
Drink Chenin Blanc Day
- 18th June 2022.
World Lambrusco Day
- 21st June 2022 – Another Italian wine. Try pairing it with pizza to get a full Italian experience and really celebrate the day.
Sparkling Wine Week
- 1st July – 7th July 2022 – Celebrated in the first week of July. Sparkling wines are a more affordable option compared to Champagne (a type of sparkling wine).
National Wine and Cheese Day
- 25th July 2022 – Celebrated on the 25th of July every year.
- 28th July 2022 – Celebrated on the 4th Thursday of every July.
National Albariño Days
- 1st August – 5th August 2022.
National White Wine Day
- 4th August 2022 – Celebrate on the 4th of August every year with your favorite white wines. Be it dry whites, sweet whites, or any other popular white wine.
National Pinot Noir Day
- 18th August 2022 – Celebrate on the 18th of August every year with this loved (and fussy) dry red wine.
National Red Wine Day
- 28th August 2022 – 28th of August every year. Pop open a red blend, a sweet or dry red. Either way, you won’t be disappointed with the most popular wine category there is.
International Cabernet Sauvignon Day
- 1st September 2022 – Celebrate on the Thursday before Labor day. The most widely planted red grape in the world certainly deserves a holiday of its own.
International Cap Classique Day
- 1st September 2022 – South African celebration of bubbly (sparkling) wine.
International Port Day
- 10th September 2022 – 10th of September every year calls for a celebration of the famous Portuguese wines, from Ruby through to Tawny Ports.
International Grenache Day
- 16th September 2022 – Celebrate on the 3rd Friday of September every year. Known as Cannonau in Sardinia, Italy.
Vranec World Day
- 5th October 2022 – Celebrating Eastern European wine, this holiday was launched by the association Wines Of Macedonia.
National Orange Wine Day
- 6th October 2022 – Celebrating orange wine on the 6th of October every year.
International Pinotage Day
- 8th October 2022 – The second Saturday of every October.
International Prokupac Day
- 14th October 2022 – We’re heading back to Eastern Europe for this holiday. Prokupac is a grape from Serbia.
National Champagne Day
- 28th October 2022 – No more perfect wine can be found for raising a toast and celebrating. Champagne day is celebrated on the 4th Friday every October.
International Xinomavro Day
- 1st November 2022 – Raise a glass in celebration for this Greek wine on the 1st of November every year.
International Merlot Day
- 7th November 2022 – Yet another incredibly popular red, Merlot deserves a day to itself. Celebrate on the 7th of November every year.
International Sherry Week
- TBD November 2022.
International Tempranillo Day
- 10th November 2022 – The 2nd Thursday of November is the date to look out for.
National Zinfandel Day
- 16th November 2022 – Celebrate on the 3rd Wednesday of every November with a red or white Zin.
Beaujolais Nouveau Day
- 17th November 2022 – Celebrate on the 3rd Thursday every November.
- 24th November 2022 (Thanksgiving Day) – Carve up a Turkey, pour a glass of this red wine and enjoy Thanksgiving every year.
International Maratheftiko Day
- 1st December 2022 – 1st of December every year. Maratheftiko is a grape from Cyprus.
National Cabernet Franc Day
- 4th December 2022 – Celebrate every year on the 4th of December.
Prohibition Repeal Day USA
- 5th December 2022 – Wine, spirits, beer, whatever! Drink drink drink drink. 5th of November every year (USA).
International Aszú Day
- 10th December 2022 – This Hungarian wine has been made for over 450 years. Celebrate on the 10th of December every year.
Pinot Meunier Day
- 16th December 2022 – Pinot Meunier is one of the 3 main grapes used to produce Champagne. It is only fitting that we celebrate this grape every year on the 16th of December.
- 20th December 2022 – Did somebody say cocktails? Sangria is a versatile drink fit for many occasions. A toast to sangria, every year on the 20th of December.
- Shrimp Cocktail (and More) Wine Pairing Guide - 09/06/2022
- What Wine Serving Sizes Look Like: Standard Size and More - 08/06/2022
- How Much Sugar is in Wine: Glass and Bottle Sugar Content - 08/06/2022